Friday, 13 July 2012

Friday pass


Today was the first time at work in a loooong time, 3 weeks :S. Was nice to see some colleagues and some I could've avoided for another 3 weeks. Anyhow, on my way home I bought a 1kg packet of salmon fillet and prepared it and washed it down with a protein shake. Afterwards it was time to hit the gym since I skipped yesterday because I was still sore as FUCK. So today was Squat, Calf raise, Mili press, Bench press and Curls(was supposed to be dips/pushups but since I apparently can't read I did curls.) and yes, I modified my routine a bit. It's as follows

Day A

Squat 3x6
Bench Press 3x6
Overhead Press 3x6
Pushups/dips 3x8
Standing calf raise 3xFailure

Day B

Deadlift 3x5
Barbell row 3x6
Pullups(weighted) 3x6
Barbell curls 3x8
Crunches(weighted) 3x10

Plan is to go 4 times a week, something along the lines of ABxAxBx.

So today most of the exercises were stuff I hadn't done since I started my break from gym a year ago. So I had try with low weights to see where I'm standing currently. Squat went surprisingly well, 3x6x80kg without any problems whatsoever. Milipress was decent as well I guess, 3x6x30kg without problems and curls 3x8x30kg without any problems as well. Standing calf raises I havent been doing previously and since you do it until failure, it's hard to say anything about that. Lastly I did bench which was a terrible mistake, should always do bench first or second. Anyhow, did only 3x6x40kg since I was exhausted as fuck at that point but it still went without problems, the biggest problem at this point was that my legs were cramping and spasming as hell :D Didn't really know how to lie down on the bench.

Anyhow, point of todays pass was mostly to just check where I stand form wise. Back home and another meal of salmon and protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment