Wednesday, 11 July 2012

It's been a while

Decided to write something since it's been a while, somehow I lost my motivation totally but now I'm back, atleast for some time! :) So what has happened in one year, a lot. I now live in Turku instead of Gothenburg and I got a new job here at DELL. I had eye surgery last autumn due to retinal detachment and I weren't allowed to do any lifting or any exercising, basically anything for several months. I also had a lung fever in the spring so my health hasn't been that good lately. Last week I started with gym again, about time if you ask me. I'm starting off somewhat slowly, what comes to intensity but I will slowly escalate to my normal routine over the next weeks. My current "starting off slowly" routine is a 2 split/3 times a week, (Week 1 Mon A, Wed B, Fri A, Week 2 BAB etc.):

A)
5x5 BB Deadlift
5x5 DB Bent-over row
5x5 BB Military Press

B)
5x5 BB Squat
5x5 BB Bench press
2x max reps pull-ups

This is simple but not easy, I will eventually switch back to my old routine and most likely modify it a bit but for the time being this will be my routine. I'm also doing some accessory workout at the end of each workout if I feel like, hyperextensions and situps etc. So far I like my new gym, the only downside is that it's "only" open from 05:00 to 00:00, compared to my old gym which was open 24/7, this probably won't be an issue since im working from 09:00 to 17:00 every day except weekends and thus I should be sleeping when it's closed. The new gym is also almost twice more expensive, but gyms tend to be more expensive in Finland. The pros with the new gym is the fact that I live 100 meters away from it and that it has a sauna.

I just had my summer vacation as well, which is sort of sad but it's also kind of nice to return to the routines. Can't think of anything more right now so that's all for now!


1 comment:

  1. reports coming in that several people had a heart attack and died when they saw your blog updated

    ReplyDelete